Each minion above describes my exact reaction to discovering I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award!
I was nominated by the lovely Mandy over at Book Princess Reviews, whom you should go check out because she has a fantastic blog. I am so honoured to be a part of this long list of wonderful bloggers that are recognized for their brilliant work as readers and writers! I want to thank you all so much for reading this blog of mine (especially you Mandy for the nomination!) I started this blog just for fun and the experience I have been through from communicating with other readers out there is precious!
Alright lets get started! Here are the guidelines my fellow nominees and I have to follow:
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
Keep reading more some interesting facts about moi and other fellow bloggers out there!
Rendz Giving Thanks
Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews is AMAZING! GO check her out! Thank you Mandy so much for this nomination! I’m virtually sending you a million hugs and greetings. I love your blog and your rating system is fabulous! I hope I’m one of your five-star princesses but I’m also cool with Cinderella because she is my childhood fave.
Rendz becoming Rendz
My blog life goes way back! I had started a book blog three years ago, for a school project that I am 99.99% sure my teacher did not actually check. (He was not the most organized of the staff) That old blog was a wreck, I was not committed enough to post regularly and my reviews were horrible.
This past summer, I was reading these amazing books and I wanted to write reviews on them and talk to other people about all these great authors I was discovering. However, I needed a space, a place where I could be my foolish, dorky and bookish self. So I turned on my laptop and set up a really simple looking blog where I began my book blogger journey. It has only been a few months since I started writing reviews and other posts but my tiny website has grown into something I am very proud of.
I look forward to seeing its evolution and getting to be more involved in this wonderful, loving book community. I appreciate all you likes, comments and follows and I hope to interact with more of you as the years go by.
Two Pieces of Advice from Rendz
I would like to quote one of my favourite authors Jeanne Birdsall before we move any further:
“I’ve never been good at taking advice, so am reluctant to hand it out.”
With that being stated, I will still indulge you with some things I have learned over the past couple of months.
- Keep a schedule: I know not everyone is a schedule-making/loving person, but dedicating at least one day in a week to putting something up on your blog will help you keep your commitment. Choose a day that you know you will have some time to sit down and write. After a couple weeks you will be pro at making time to blog and get in more content during the week.
- Be Honest: Your blog is YOURS. You have the right to write whatever you want. You have the right to express yourself and the feelings you have after reading a book. Do not feel like you are confined to have the same feelings or opinions as more popular bloggers and readers. Honesty is always the best policy! Be true and be you!
There are some amazing blogs I have discovered over these passed weeks and I would like to share them with you. To all of you whom I nominate you are FABULOUS and keep up the great work!
Thank you again so much for the nomination and I hope you all continue this epic journey alongside with me and interact with me as much as you can!