I was tagged by two lovely people for this wonderful tag! I feel like I am in the perfect mood to do this since I was down in the dumps earlier and I need some cheering up!
Thank you to..
Nadwa @ Painfully Fictional – Nadwa has great reviews, tags and other great posts all the time up on her blog, so you should definitely give her a visit!
Jeannie @ A Happy Clam – Another great blog with awesome posts, reviews and more!
Let’s get on to the HAPPY!
List Five Things That Make you Happy
1. BOOKS *shocker* Yes, books hence this blog, hence the bookstagram, hence the overflowing shelves in my room, hence the books I have hidden in various areas of my room so my family doesn’t think I have too many. Yeah…books.
Seriously though…reading books is the best escape and past time for me. I used to detest reading but now I cannot get enough of it!
2. Rewatching the Narnia movies *another shocker* It’s just the sense of nostalgia and comfort I get from revisiting a familiar world and story that I love! Plus, I have a competition with myself to see how many lines I have memorized (which is a lot).
3. Sketching/Being Artsy – It has always been a passion of mine. Ever since I was a kid, I was an inventor. I wrote little stories then illustrated them. If I pictured a castle in my head, I built out of toilet paper rolls and scrap cardboard. If I wanted a toy car, I built that too with bottle caps for wheels.
I have about three sketchbooks. One filled with nonsensical drawings, one I used for school (far more professional) and one specifically for fan art (which if I ever finish one drawing, I will share with you!) And I have a binder full of drawings of forests and other enchanting things because I went through this everlasting magical forest phase!
4. Sitting on My Porch and Day Dreaming – This is done more often in the summer when it’s nice and hot, maybe a little breezy. But sometimes, I just like to sit and day dream. Not actually think about all the stressful things in my life, but think about stories, adventures, the good times I’ve had. I day dream far too much and too often. I can do it any where and I love it because that is where my stories come and characters I create tell me about themselves and I shovel out their secrets! It’s also where the sketches and fan art ideas come from!
5. Being Alive and Well – There is so much crap in this world, and people are suffering constantly. People are always fighting, whether it be for their lives, health or beliefs. I’m lucky to have been born in a free country, in a relatively chill neighbourhood (it has it’s share of dark times). I’m lucky to have a loving family, to be in good health and not having to live in constant fear or peril.
Life is most certainly not perfect for me, but it’s those good feeling moments that I cherish. Those moments when I lose myself in a book, those moments when I am revisiting my favourite fantasy world, those moments when I crease my brow to get those paint strokes right, those moments of contemplation on my porch.
Those moments when I remember; I am alive and well.
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
My music taste is literally all over the place. I like pop, hip hop, reggaeton, instrumentals even some rock and country. Literally I am all over the place!
So this list consists of some current and old songs that make me tingle! They give me giddy feels and I adore listening to them!
SOOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!
AGAIN SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL
HOW CAN THIS NOT BE ON THE LIST!?!
OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *little Rendz is swaying somewhere*
My current song on repeat!
I can keep the list going, but the tag asks for five so I won’t cheat! 😉
Let’s get the happy train going! Choo-choo*
This is a pretty old tag, so if you have done it before no need to do it again!
*That was such a bad joke, I’m sorry!
I would love to know what makes you all feel happy and giddy inside. Let’s veto “books” as an answer because I’m pretty sure we all know that!