I really am horrible person at keeping up with my tags and awards. I have a word document with a list of tags and awards posts I must get to. This particular award has been sitting on my document far too long and collecting way, way too much dust!
I have three lovely and amazing bloggers to thank for nominating me for this award.
Thank you to…
Shanah @ Bionic Bookworm Blog – A wonderful blog, full of amazing tags, reviews and discussions. Plus my fellow Canadian blogger *fist bump*
Olga’s Oddish Obsession – Great blog with a great writer behind it! You definitely must drop by this blog!
Kyera’s Library – Such a cool blog with so many fun posts and fandom related discussions! So much wonderfullness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So thank you, thank you, and thank you to you all! I am so honoured to be recognized by these amazing bloggers and I hope you all drop by and give them a visit!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
1. What do you like most about being a (book) blogger?
I love obsessing about books. It is one of my favourite things to do. Writing endless posts about my feels and overall attitudes towards books and all things fandom is one of the best feelings in the world. Plus, I have a whole community who actually fangirls/boys with me.
2. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fantasy. No hesitation. I’m always looking for a little magic in my life along with some grand adventure. The answer will always be fantasy.
3. What female or male character do you find most inspirational and why?
Hmmmm….this one is tough.
I find Inej Ghafa pretty inspirational. Her life got turned upside down and she had to endure horrors that no person should have to endure. The fact that she can still go through her life everyday and continue to face dangers with hope and courage in her heart, that’s what I want. The courage to go forward despite the terrors of the past.
“You still may die in the Dregs.”
Inej’s dark eyes had glinted. “I may. But I’ll die on my feet with a knife in my hand.”
― Leigh Bardugo,
1. When it comes to books, what is your preferred genre and what in particular made you love it so much?
The magic, adventure, battles, mythical creatures!! I mean, what is not to love??
2. What career would you like to pursue in the future? Publisher? Author? Secret Ninja? Dancing Minnie Mouse at Disneyland?
What a haunting question. I have never truly known. Not even to this day. But I fantasize of signing books and meeting people who love what I write. So….I definitely want to be a secret Ninja!
3. Does it take you a while to type your reviews or other blog posts? Which, by far, has been your favorite book to review? Add a link!
Once I get into the mood and in my zone it takes me 1/2 hour to an hour to write up a review. Depending on how much I want to rant or rave and how many times I have to keep heading back to my YouTube tab to change the song I am listening too.
Umm fave book to review…what a tough question!
Wires & Nerve by Marissa Meyer
This one has a funny story to go along with it, plus I adore everything TLC!
1. What is your favourite book genre?
Guess. Take a gander!………………….It starts with an F…………………it ends with a Y………..I talk about it non-stop……………………………………………………………………*magic*
2. Would you rather always get to read new releases, but never keep them or never get to read new releases, but have as many books as you want?
Read new releases but not keep them! Hello, I want to read books! Plus, it’s basically the system of the library!
3. Have you ever gone to meet an author before (ie. book signing, book fest/con, etc)?
I am fortunate enough to live in a big city so author tours come up here sometimes. Not often, but sometimes. I have had the grand opportunity of meeting Morgan Rhodes, E.K. Johnston, Lauren Oliver, Kendare Blake, M.E. Girard, Veronica Roth, Kiersten White, Catherine Egan and my idol MARIE LU!(I also went to a Sarah J. Maas signing but eh, whatevs I didn’t actually meet her!)
I love to write about my embarrassing moments when meeting authors, so please check them out!
The Lady is A Champ Experience (Marie Lu, Morgan Rhodes, Kiersten White, Catherine Egan)
Teen Tour Experience (Lauren Oliver, Kendare Blake, M.E. Girard)
I’m nominating a few new lovely bloggers I have had the chance of interacting with over this summer!
- Quick Estimate! How many books are on your bookshelf? (Physically)
- Name one book that totally blew your mind! In what way?
- What really attracts you to read a book? A.K.A what is you hook-line-and-sinker?
Thank you again to all the lovely people that nominated me for this award! I love having such wonderful blogger friends!
I promise guys I will get better (and faster) at answering these tags and award posts!*
And since it was such a popular question today: What is your all-time favourite genre?!