The saga of catching up on tags and awards continues…
A while back, I was tagged by Kester from LiLbooKlovers for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I have been awarded this before, but to have been nominated twice is the ultimate honour! So thank you LiLbooKlovers, I really appreciate it! You all should definitely go check out their blog. These bloggers create such beautiful posts and always have excellent reviews on all kinds of book!
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Thank you again Kester for nominating me and I hope you all enjoy my answers!
1. What is one book that made you cry?
The Penderwicks (1-4) by Jeanne Birdsall
All of these books made me cry for some reason. They are middle-grade but have some truly heart-breaking scenes. The books deal a lot with the themes of loss, death and renewal in the eyes of children so they make me teary sometimes.
2. If you could travel one place in the entire world and all your expenses were paid, where would you go?
Can I cheat and say Europe? It’s been a dream of mine to travel all of Europe and see the historical landmarks and take in the sites. France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Sweden, England… everywhere, I want to see it all! Perhaps some day!
3. Where is your favourite place to read? Like in front of fireplace, outside on the grass, on your bed in a blanket… what?
On the couch in my sitting room, with the sunlight pouring through the open curtains and some comfy pillows. If it is winter a nice blanket covering me, if it is summer the window must be open! It’s the perfect setting to keep me concentrated on my reading!
4. Which TV show would you choose to binge watch?
I tried to binge watch Gilmore Girls but got side tracked. I really want to watch Jane the Virgin and I need to catch up on Once Upon a Time!
5. Would you rather meet your favourite author but you cannot say a single word, or would you have a signed copy of your favourite book made personally to you but every 10th page is missing?
Meet my favourite author and not say a word. WHY?
A. I would be in their presence.
B. I would get to see them physically sign my book.
C. I would save myself the embarrassment of saying something dumb (as I have before)
I would not be able to deal with missing pages!
6. What is your top reading strategy to maximize how many books you will read in a year?
Monthly goals, at least two books each month. On Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays I stay up really late. Like very, very late. In the summer I have a goal of 20 books in two months.
7. What is the talent or achievement that you are most proud of?
I can draw. I know some technique and craft. I’m no Picasso or DaVinci but I can make something look realistic or not…depending on the project.
8. What is your favourite movie adaptation of a book, and why?
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
This movie made me fall in love with Narnia. It made me want to go on adventures and be a queen. Be fearless. Be hopeful. Be magical. Just imagine a 6 year-old Rendz, sitting in a theatre with wide eyes taking in all the beauty and wonder that is Narnia. Hoping and dreaming that one day she would find her magical calling and be whisked off on adventures. Rendz is still waiting for that day, but her hope has not been deterred. Not to mention that the soundtrack is A M A Z I N G and it is literally the theme song of my life.
9. If you were going to recommend me one book, which one would it be, and why?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer…followed by the rest of the Lunar Chronicles. It has classic tales mixed with scifi, suspense, action and great twists. You will devour it!
10. Which fictional character would you go out on a date with, and do you think it would work out?
THE LIST. THIS IS A LIST. A HUGE LIST!
Ok..ok…I’ll do one for now. Just know that there is a long list.
Elias Veturius, you and me, dinner, pick me up at seven. Elias is so sweet and caring, I would love to go out with him. I think he would funny and charming and his eyes…oh his eyes! I wouldn’t be able to stop staring at them.
I would like to think that all my fictional dates would turn out successful, thank you very much.
11. What kind of book swag (e.g. buttons, bookmarks, postcards, bookplates, wristbands, etc.) is your favourite?
I like post cards! I love that they come with beautiful illustrations and detail. I actually won An Ember in the Ashes postcards in the newsletter giveaway by Sabaa Tahir and they are absolutely gorgeous!
- What is your current read? Are you enjoying it?
- What was your last read? What did you think of it?
- Which author are you *dying* to meet?
- How do you organize you shelves?
- Do you own any special book swag?
- Was there a time when you liked the movie more than the book?
- Would you rather be able to breathe under-water or fly?
- What is your favourite genre of books/movies?
- What is your guilty pleasure read?
- Do you have any unpopular opinions on books?
- What is your favourite past-time other than reading?
Thank you once again to LiLbooKlovers for nominating me, especially you, Kester! I hope you all enjoyed this post and follow my nominator and nominees because they are also super cool!